Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Godzilla Hoodie

For the most part, my kids are aging out of wanting my creations. But my son is a huge Godzilla fan, and when I saw this print I just had to take the risk.


And quite the risk it was: this print came from a fabric host in the UK, so it cost more and took longer to get here. But, I needn't have worried: the second my son saw it, it was love at first sight. 

Picking a pattern proved to also be a challenge - the print is very stunning, but very busy if you get too much together - and there was no panel option for blending. So, I settled on the Max & Meena Max Raglan (a kiddo favorite) with the featured print on the hood and sleeves. I tied it together with a tan from PurpleSeamstress that made the print pop. Here it is from the back:

And here it is up front!


It took me a little while to put this together, but my son was very pleased with the final product. And I was happy to have an enthusiastic live-in wearer of my sewing again!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! BRIGHT colors. If Godzilla doesn't assault you physically, those vivid colors may impair your vision. I can see why Isaiah likes it. Great job neutralizing it a bit with the tan. Love the raglan style and it fits him great.

    ReplyDelete